Single women pay more for car insurance than married women. Most often single women pay less than single men while they are under 30 years of age, but the price seems to equal out as they get older. Getting married to keep your insurance cost down may not be a good idea, but there are things women can do in Kansas City that will lower the cost of insurance. The price of insurance is determined by how much of a risk they drivers are on the road. Young single men are considered the most aggressive, for instance, and generally pay the highest costs. The insurance companies feel a single female is a bigger risk than a married woman, and it could be because single women may drive more.
These are some reasons that coverage may cost more in Missouri and Kansas, knowing other risk factors can also save money for people looking for cheap insurance. Take time to go through the process of becoming insured by knowing all you can about how insurance rates are figured.
Here are some things you can do to lower your insurance costs.
- Take a defensive driving course. Many automobile insurers offer special discounts for people who have completed this course.
- Shopping around is another great way to save dollars. There is often a wide variation in prices between insurance companies, and there may be some difference depending on whether you live on the Missouri or Kansas side of Kansas City.
- The type of car you drive is another consideration. A fancy sports car costs a lot more to insure than a plainer model, so consider the cost of insurance when buying a car.
- Adjusting your coverage can also save you money. You can do things like raise your deductible, or lower your liability coverage. You may also consider not having comprehensive or collision coverage if you have an older car of little value.
- Driving safely will also help you keep costs down. If you do not have any moving violations, your insurance will cost less.
- Improve your crediting rating is another good way to lower costs.
Single women do pay more than married women for car insurance, but it may not be all that much more. Even if it is five or six percent more, you can probably save that much or more by making some adjustments to how and what you drive on a daily basis.